The Minnesota Association of Public Accountants (MAPA) is a professional organization of accountants in public practice who provide accounting and financial statement services for individuals and small business firms. Certified and non-certified accountants are encouraged to apply for membership. The purpose of the Association is to further the knowledge of the practitioner and offer a source of current information and interplay of ideas among professionals.
Who May Apply:
- Undergraduate students entering their sophomore, junior, senior or fifth year, enrolled in a degree program at an accredited 4-year college or university, majoring in accounting with the intention to practice in the field of public accounting, and having at least a 2.5 or better grade point average.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens attending a U.S. accredited school and a Minnesota resident.
When to Apply:
Note Application Deadline: Apply no later than November15th. See “General Information” for details.
How to Apply:
Applications and forms may be duplicated for distribution purposes; however, completed applications, letters of recommendation from advisor or professor, and official transcripts cannot be submitted by fax or e-mail. In order to receive consideration, applications must be:
- Accompanied by official transcripts from each school attended. Only official transcripts bearing the seal or registrar’s signature of the issuing institution will be accepted. Official transcripts may be submitted by the student with the application or submitted directly to MAPA by the issuing institution.
- Submitted with all necessary documentation (official transcripts, letter of recommendation), in original form, to be received no later than the deadline.
Complete each of the listed questions on this application to the best of your ability. If a question is not applicable to you, please indicate why it is not. Failure to answer any of the questions may constitute a basis for elimination of this application for consideration.
- Send completed application to: MAPA, PO Box 301, Big Lake, MN 55309
- All scholarship candidates will be notified of the selection in November.
Important: Application Acceptance Policy
- Applications and supporting documentation (letter of recommendation and official transcripts) must be signed, dated, and submitted in their original form (no faxes) to MAPA to be received no later than the deadline.
- Supporting documentations should be carefully attached to the back of the application and the whole package stapled to prevent separation.
- If supporting documents are submitted separate from the application, they must be received by MAPA no later than the deadline.
- It is the candidates responsibility to ensure supporting documents have been sent to MAPA and are received by the deadline.
- MAPA reserves the right to eliminate from consideration unsigned applications or applications otherwise incomplete, including applications without supporting documentations, without further notice to the applicant.
How to Give
Tax deductible, this scholarship fund is for third and fourth year accountant majors.
There are a few convenient ways to make a contribution to the MAPA Scholarship Program: You may download the pdf form and mail it in with a check or credit card information; you may donate online; and if you are a member of MAPA you may elect an amount for a contribution to the program at the time of membership renewal.
We encourage you to consider one of these options to help support accounting students in Minnesota. All contributions are greatly appreciated!